CWC Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microtech Ultratech Special Zombie Edition - Which blade color?

4 posters

Go down

Microtech Ultratech Special Zombie Edition - Which blade color? Empty Microtech Ultratech Special Zombie Edition - Which blade color?

Post by Mess Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:53 pm

Hey Folks,

There is a pretty sweet microtech knife to be released in the near future.

Which blade color do you think looks better?

The satin finish or the black coated finish?

Microtech Ultratech Special Zombie Edition - Which blade color? MTZombieSW
Microtech Ultratech Special Zombie Edition - Which blade color? Microtech-ultratech-zombie-black

I definitely like the tanto blade the best.

Thanks,
Mess
Mess
Mess
Admin

https://cwcairsoft.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Microtech Ultratech Special Zombie Edition - Which blade color? Empty Re: Microtech Ultratech Special Zombie Edition - Which blade color?

Post by NWallaceIII Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:26 am

i'm a fan of the coated finish. Granted the neon green grips do little in the arena of camoflage. I would like the spike on the hilt to be a bit longer. I tend to penetrate the skull and then do the 'Ronco Egg Blender' on the diseased brain matter. That little nubbin of a spike will penetrate the skull, but do little else.

NWallaceIII

Back to top Go down

Microtech Ultratech Special Zombie Edition - Which blade color? Empty Re: Microtech Ultratech Special Zombie Edition - Which blade color?

Post by GhostScout Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:59 pm

Well you could modify it yourself Smile
GhostScout
GhostScout

Back to top Go down

Post by PJ Clarke Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:20 am

I think I like the satin...I'm always afraid to sharpen the black blades.

PJ Clarke
Admin

http://www.pjclarke.com/airsoft/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mess Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:44 pm

PJ Clarke wrote:I think I like the satin...I'm always afraid to sharpen the black blades.

I was going to possibly get the zombie knife in a trade but I might just end up taking cash now.

And I agree, the black looks cool but when it wears off it's quite noticeable.
Mess
Mess
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostScout Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:59 pm

I see that they are selling a version of this at Gander Mountain now
GhostScout
GhostScout

Back to top Go down

Post by Mess Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:03 pm

GhostScout wrote:I see that they are selling a version of this at Gander Mountain now

Must be a different one. Do you have a link or a picture?

For them to sell the knife I have linked above would be illegal in WI.
Mess
Mess
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostScout Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:14 pm

No its a fixed blade knife, but it still is the " Zombie Appoc " survival knife. It has the bright green handle, the black oxide blade, and a few other markings. I saw it in their mail out flyer the other day at work.
GhostScout
GhostScout

Back to top Go down

Post by Mess Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:53 pm

GhostScout wrote:No its a fixed blade knife, but it still is the " Zombie Appoc " survival knife. It has the bright green handle, the black oxide blade, and a few other markings. I saw it in their mail out flyer the other day at work.

OIC, found that one, anything zombie repellent is pretty cool Razz
Mess
Mess
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostScout Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:16 pm

I have to agree, but I like this one allot better Smile
GhostScout
GhostScout

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostScout Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:19 pm

If I had to pick one, I would take the recon style blade in the black. I have always been a fan of this type of blade style ! less chance of breaking the tip of the blade off. It is too bad though that they don't have a serrated style blade though.
GhostScout
GhostScout

Back to top Go down

Post by Mess Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:24 pm

GhostScout wrote:If I had to pick one, I would take the recon style blade in the black. I have always been a fan of this type of blade style ! less chance of breaking the tip of the blade off. It is too bad though that they don't have a serrated style blade though.

They do actually but I've come to prefer a plain egde on most blades. Easier to sharpen and more cutting edge.

If anyone is interested in one let me know.
Mess
Mess
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostScout Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:45 pm

I would be interested in one. If they do have one with the recon blade and that is serrated I will take one of those, or one that has the serrated blade.. Either way I want one Smile Just let me know when you need the money and how much. Thanks
GhostScout
GhostScout

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down